Business Email Etiquette
Email besides using the phone is the most common form of communication the business world these days. It can go one of two ways; you either know exactly how to write an appropriate, professional email or you have no idea how to write one and come off unprofessional or just that it is completely obvious that you do not know how to write an email. It is important to think before you send. It is not always about just sending the grammar, format, etc. It also comes down to how fast you respond and follow up when speaking with clients.
Grammar/punctuation is really important when sending an email. Using the wrong punctuation, spelling/ grammar errors are very apparent and can potentially hurt your chances with the relation you have with recipient of your poorly written email. That is why taking the time to proofread, edit, basically anything you can do to make sure that your email is error free will benefit you professionally.
Quick Response time shows that your easy to get a hold of and more importantly that you are reliable. It allows clients to feel that if they have questions or a concern, emailing you is a fast and easy way to get a response. A quick response would be within 24 hours on a business day.
Make your email personable. The person that is being emailed should be addressed by their first name. It makes the client feel valued and that you did not just auto-reply to their email. Templates are a great thing for when you have clients asking the same questions. You are still able to personalize the emails but you will not have to repeat yourself over and over.
Business email etiquette is very important when in the work force and going over a few of these suggestions can help tremendously when connecting with clients via email.
Robert Boroff Executive Profile Managing Director Reaction Search International
• Uses over 17 years of industry experience to provide clients with proven recruiting strategies that garner results
• Leads a team of Executive Recruiters in fulfilling clients important hiring needs in a time and cost-effective manner
• Keeps abreast of business and market trends in order to effectively consult clients on their hiring requirements
• Skilled at using traditional and contemporary recruiting practices
• Experienced in recruiting for a dynamic mix of industries, including Banking,Biotechnology, Construction, Consumer Products, Finance, Food & Beverage,Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology,Insurance,Marketing, andMedical Device, Pharmaceutical, Retail,Sales,Telecommunications executive search & recruitment
• Seasoned in running full-size searches on a national scale that require multiple hirings under time-sensitive schedules
management skills, effective management, employee relations, employee wellness, workplace environment, managing, employee retention
The Executive Search Consultants at Reaction Search International Executive Recruiters Sales successfully placing top performing candidates since 1995