Five Simple Tips to Write a Resume
There is more to a resume than what you think. You have to remember that your resume has the power to make or break your chances of getting a job. It is essential when putting your resume together that you have all the basic steps towards a great resume. Look over the following tips to help guide your process of a well written resume.
- 1. Know your core strengths and qualities: Work experience is of course necessary when writing your resume, but employers are constantly looking for special strengths and qualities that could add to their team of employees. It is important to really think about what your core strengths are to better your chances at getting an interview. Try to be detailed and specific about what you can bring to your potential employer.
- 2. Keywords : If you are going for a specific job that you know you would be a great fit for, base your resume on what they are looking for. List the keywords that not only represent you as an employee but keywords that will grab the attention of your potential employer.
- 3. Bullet point form: Stay away from paragraph form. Bullet points make it much easier on the eyes to seek out what they are looking for and it makes your resume look clean, organized, and professional. Bullet points highlight your strengths and qualities instead of having to skim through large paragraphs.
- 4. Be Honest: Never lie about your work experience, education, or accomplishments because whether or not the potential employer does background checks, you will most likely be caught or found to be unqualified for a job that your resume states otherwise. Being upfront and honest makes for a smooth process towards landing a job.
- 5. Proofread, Proofread, Proofread: Before putting your resume out there, make sure you don’t have any grammar errors, because that will reflect that you are unprofessional and could really hurt your chances of getting a job. It is a good idea to not only proofread yourself but to give it to someone else to look over and catch any mistakes that you might have missed.
With these basic tips, you have the potential to put together a great resume. Do not underestimate yourself and believe in what you are putting in writing about you as a professional, because any employer should be able to see that and could potentially land you the job of your dreams.
Robert Boroff Executive Profile Managing Director Reaction Search International
• Uses over 17 years of industry experience to provide clients with proven recruiting strategies that garner results
• Leads a team of Executive Recruiters in fulfilling clients important hiring needs in a time and cost-effective manner
• Keeps abreast of business and market trends in order to effectively consult clients on their hiring requirements
• Skilled at using traditional and contemporary recruiting practices
• Experienced in recruiting for a dynamic mix of industries, including Banking,Biotechnology, Construction, Consumer Products, Finance, Food & Beverage,Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology,Insurance,Marketing, andMedical Device, Pharmaceutical, Retail,Sales,Telecommunications executive search & recruitment
• Seasoned in running full-size searches on a national scale that require multiple hirings under time-sensitive schedules
management skills, effective management, employee relations, employee wellness, workplace environment, managing, employee retention
The Executive Search Consultants at Reaction Search International Executive Recruiters Sales successfully placing top performing candidates since 1995