High Paying Jobs for 2009/2010
For many people there are a few important things that make the difference between a good job and a drag on their entire day. Some of these things include the type of job, the character of the people working there, and the salary that is earned in that specific profession. According to CNN’s list of the top 50 jobs to have in 2009, these are the jobs ranked by the average level of pay. Maybe this could give you some good ideas on how to get your professional career started off right in 2010.
- With the median salary range at around $292,000 and the top performers earning $408,000, this is a very lucrative position. These high wages are due, in large part, to the fact that there can be a lot of stress involved in this job. It is the responsibility of the anesthesiologist to make sure that a patient makes it safely through the surgery process. Although there will be a lot of stress involved, there is also a huge reward and sense of accomplishment with a job well done. What is more noteworthy than saving a human life?
- Physicians of this nature tend to have a median salary of about $222,000 and the top performers earning $338,000. Some of this income can be attributed to the high premiums that are paid for malpractice insurance, but it is also a direct result of the high level of demand for this type of medical specialist.
- Psychiatrists generally make a median income of around $177,000, while some specialists at the top of the industry are earning $279,000. This high level of income is created by the high fees that psychiatrists usually charge for their services.
- Earning a median salary of $157,000 and a top salary of $214,000, these nurses are definitely well paid and they deserve it. Nurse Anesthetist need to always be performing at the top of their game because they are literally holding somebody’s life in their hands. With the number of deaths related to anesthesia dropping from one in every 5000 people, in the 1980s, to one in every 200,000 people, there is always constant pressure to be the best.
- Making a median salary of $140,000 and a top salary of $239,000, the sales director is number five on the list for top jobs with a high salary. Since sales are what keep the money flowing for companies it is only fair that these people are paid well. “Sales is the lifeblood of any company and that is why it’s one of the highest paid professions,” says Robert Boroff Executive Search Consultant & Managing Director of Global Executive Search Firm Reaction Search International.
- The average salary of an actuary lies around $129,000 with some employee salaries stretching all the way up to $257,000. Although there is a very high level of income associated with this position, it does come with a hefty price. Most actuaries have completed about ten extra years of classes and exams after completing their bachelor’s degree.
- The finance director is another very highly paid professional with a median income of $121,000 and top performers making somewhere around $214,000. With most of the weight of the company lying directly on the Finance Director’s shoulders, companies are willing to shell out the big bucks to make sure that this individual does a good job. Most individuals that hold this position have a CPA and MBA, as well as the ability to accurately forecast and budget the company’s cash flows.
- These computer geniuses create programs that individuals use on a daily basis and this is why they are paid a median income of $117,000 and some even earn up to $160,000. There is always a demand for the hot, new, up and coming software product, and this is why software architects are paid so much money to create them.
- As a lawyer you can expect to make an average salary of $115,000 and a top salary of $262,000. Although there are many lawyers that make under this average salary, it’s the ones that work for big corporations who are driving up the average. Most of their money can be attributed to the fact that they are constantly working on accounts worth millions of dollars.
- The median salary for an insurance broker rests around $114,000, but they can still earn upwards of $273,000. A job as an insurance broker can bring in big money especially if the type of insurance is directed towards a high-liability industry such as oil, construction, or pharmaceuticals. Commissions in this line of business can be around 10-15% also fueling such high levels of income.
Not only are all of these positions very lucrative, but there is also a position on this list that fits almost every personality type. Positions such as the physician, psychiatrist, and the anesthesiologist all offer positive feedback such as the feeling that you get when you help somebody, and even save his/her life. There are creative positions like the software archi
tect for people who would like to design without any boundaries. For the actively social people, the sales director or insurance broker positions are all viable options. So this year there are no excuses! If you’re tired of your dead end job and are looking something that is more challenging, rewarding, and provides better compensation, give one of these positions some serious thought. It’s never too late to make that vision a reality.