How to Manage a Project
With Project Managers heading up our own executive search processes, we know the essential role the Project Manager plays in determining the outcome of a project. The Project Manager is ultimately responsible for the project and held accountable for the outcome. A Project Manager needs to be organized, clear, knowledgeable, and progressive.
Here are some very help steps to lead the person in the right direction.
- Define the Scope
- Determine Available Resources
- Check the Timeline
- Assemble Your Project Team
- List the Big Steps
- List the Smaller Steps
- Develop a Preliminary Plan
- Create Your Baseline Plan
- Request Project Adjustments
- Work Your Plan, But Don’t Die For It
- Monitor Your Team’s Progress
- Document Everything
- Keep Everyone Informed
When managing a project the leader needs to execute direction to all team members in order to give them clear job duties and deadlines; the whole group needs to be informed of the goals, deadlines, and projected outcome. The optimal work environment is created by the Project Manager to produce team members comfortable and confident to express their concerns and ideas. The Project Manager needs to know who is working on which sections of the project and offer guidance and feedback along the way. The Project Manager is responsible for maintaining and keeping the team focused on the big picture for the project.
Although the task of a Project Manager may seem daunting by the expectations put on them, there is great reward in the managing position. When you have a hardworking team contributes to the project, you can have a smooth flowing process that delivers quality results.
Robert Boroff Executive Profile Managing Director Reaction Search International
• Uses over 17 years of industry experience to provide clients with proven recruiting strategies that garner results
• Leads a team of Executive Recruiters in fulfilling clients important hiring needs in a time and cost-effective manner
• Keeps abreast of business and market trends in order to effectively consult clients on their hiring requirements
• Skilled at using traditional and contemporary recruiting practices
• Experienced in recruiting for a dynamic mix of industries, including Banking,Biotechnology, Construction, Consumer Products, Finance, Food & Beverage,Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology,Insurance,Marketing, and Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, Retail,Sales,Telecommunications executive search & recruitment
• Seasoned in running full-size searches on a national scale that require multiple hirings under time-sensitive schedules
management skills, effective management, employee relations, employee wellness, workplace environment, managing, employee retention
The Executive Search Consultants at Reaction Search International Executive Recruiters Sales successfully placing top performing candidates since 1995.