How to Prepare Yourself to Live on Your Own
Making that step of moving out of the house and into your own place can seem scary, especially if you are unsure of what to expect and what you should do before leaving mom and dad. Follow a few simple steps to help prepare you for what is ahead before leaving home.
- Get a job: If you are going to be living on your own, whether or not you still have help from your parents having a job will be a great start to having responsibility and getting paid for it. Once you live on your own you will see how many extra expenses you have that when living with your parents you did not even think twice about.
- Find a place to live: When looking for a place, keep in mind your price range. There are some lucky ones that may still have some help from their parents but in some cases the minute you are out of the house, you are on your own. In cases like that, make sure the places that you have in mind are affordable and that you will not run into issues that could potentially get you evicted.
- Find a roommate: having a roommate(s) is a great way to cut down costs because not only are you sharing expenses of rent but you are also sharing the expenses of utilities, which can really add up. It is important to keep in mind that it is not always a wise decision to live with a friend. Being a friend is much different than a roommate.
- Come up with a monthly budget: Know exactly how much you are going to need a month for rent, utilities, and groceries. This is the most important step to follow when moving out and living on your own, because it gives you the overall big picture of how much money you need or how much you should be earning to keep yourself afloat. This will prevent you from spending money you don’t have. If you come up with a plan on how to balance your finances with money left over at the end of the month, you can either save it and set it aside or treat yourself to something nice.
With these steps in mind, it will give you a guideline and the push in the right direction to a bright future living on your own.
Robert Boroff Executive Profile Managing Director Reaction Search International
• Uses over 17 years of industry experience to provide clients with proven recruiting strategies that garner results
• Leads a team of Executive Recruiters in fulfilling clients important hiring needs in a time and cost-effective manner
• Keeps abreast of business and market trends in order to effectively consult clients on their hiring requirements
• Skilled at using traditional and contemporary recruiting practices
• Experienced in recruiting for a dynamic mix of industries, including Banking,Biotechnology, Construction, Consumer Products, Finance, Food & Beverage,Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology,Insurance,Marketing, andMedical Device, Pharmaceutical, Retail,Sales,Telecommunications executive search & recruitment
• Seasoned in running full-size searches on a national scale that require multiple hirings under time-sensitive schedules
management skills, effective management, employee relations, employee wellness, workplace environment, managing, employee retention
The Executive Search Consultants at Reaction Search International Executive Recruiters Sales successfully placing top performing candidates since 1995