Successful Up and Coming Careers
Even with the economy in it’s current state, there are many industries and jobs that are still thriving today. With more people out of work, many people are going back to school. It is extremely important to know what degrees and certificates can lead to fruitful careers. When most people think about booming careers today and throughout history, they envision lawyers, doctors, and successful business people. Although these careers are still in high demand, the jobs that are behind the scenes are viable career options for many people to seriously consider. With the post-recession economy still trying to climb back up and stabilize, the degrees people pursue and the career paths they take are an imperative part of whether or not a person will have a successful career.
Many of the positions in the upswing right now are assistant professions including technicians. Yahoo! Education ranked the top 6 “Booming Career Options” in an article written by Tony Moton. They listed a Medical Records Technician as “Booming Career” number one. This job was followed by the Pharmacy Technician profession, which was ranked as number two. Dental Assistants, Financial Analysts, Personal Financial Advisors, and Paralegals are all grouped together in the top careers that are picking up speed quickly. As is always the case, but especially during economic downturns, some career fields thrive more than others.
The healthcare field in particular is showing extremely positive signs of improvement in today’s job market. Industries like this encapsulate many different types of jobs and employment opportunities for people. The positive side to this is also the fact that many of these careers mentioned in the Yahoo! Education article do not necessarily require a four-year college degree. This makes getting a well paying job a much more realistic option, especially for those who are putting themselves through college. These careers are also doable and attainable for people who decide to go back to school when they are older or already working full time.
The average earnings for most of these assistant and technician careers start at about $30,000 and the top 10% earn up to roughly $80,000 a year depending on the location, type of job, industry, experience, and other contributing factors. In other recent articles on up and coming careers by Yahoo!, US News, as well as Forbes- the healthcare, computer, and legal industries seem to be some of the most successful and durable careers right now (even with the economy in the state it is currently in). These industries have also shown some of the most stability during the recession in the past few years. Overall, these high-opportunity professions are careers that many people should consider whether they are looking for better pay, a change in career, or whatever other motivating factors are involved in making a decision to switch professions.
Robert Boroff Executive Profile Managing Director Reaction Search International
• Uses over 17 years of industry experience to provide clients with proven recruiting strategies that garner results
• Leads a team of Executive Recruiters in fulfilling clients important hiring needs in a time and cost-effective manner
• Keeps abreast of business and market trends in order to effectively consult clients on their hiring requirements
• Skilled at using traditional and contemporary recruiting practices
• Experienced in recruiting for a dynamic mix of industries, including Banking,Biotechnology, Construction, Consumer Products, Finance, Food & Beverage,Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology,Insurance,Marketing, and Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, Retail,Sales,Telecommunications executive search & recruitment
• Seasoned in running full-size searches on a national scale that require multiple hirings under time-sensitive schedules management skills, effective management, employee relations, employee wellness, workplace environment, managing, employee retention