Tips to help with negativity at the workplace
A lot of the time people feel that the workplace can be pretty stressful and they are not always so lucky to like every single one of their coworkers and not everyone has the most amazing boss. These are things you must be aware of in the workplace. You have to expect the negatives but to keep it from driving you insane, you have to at least try to keep a positive attitude and potentially come up with solutions to these negative attitudes.
- Vent: Do not let your negative feelings about something build up, that could lead to a big explosive confrontation, which is obviously something you want to avoid. After work talk to a friend/spouse/ even a pet or anyone that will just sit and listen to your frustration. It gives you an opportunity to share all of your negative feelings, no filter involved and to possibly get some suggestions that might help with the issues you are dealing with. Writing it all down is also a good way to cope. It gives a chance to see them all in front of you, and can potentially give you your own insight on how to solve the negativity.
- Come to terms: Keep in mind that you do not have the power to change everything that may cause negativity in the workplace. Focus on the things that are in your power and make the appropriate changes to make the negatives into positives. Coming to those terms will help you to further yourself instead of being stuck in a pit of negativity. Stay positive and keep moving forward and you will boost your potential to be successful.
- Embrace the terms: Remember that things will not always go the way YOU want them to. Just know it isn’t just in your place of business, that’s life. It goes along with step number two where there is a point where you just have to learn to come to terms and accept that yes, there are some negatives you can change but for the ones you can’t, embrace them. It is the only thing you can do.
Stick with the positives and you will be much more likely to succeed. The negatives will be there, but if you learn to get past them or at least learn to work with them, then you will be in the right mind set to get what you worked for.
Robert Boroff Executive Profile Managing Director Reaction Search International
- Uses over 17 years of industry experience to provide clients with proven recruiting strategies that garner results
- Leads a team of Executive Recruiters in fulfilling clients important hiring needs in a time and cost-effective manner
- Keeps abreast of business and market trends in order to effectively consult clients on their hiring requirements
- Skilled at using traditional and contemporary recruiting practices
- Experienced in recruiting for a dynamic mix of industries, including Banking,Biotechnology, Construction, Consumer Products, Finance, Food & Beverage,Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology,Insurance,Marketing, andMedical Device, Pharmaceutical, Retail,Sales,Telecommunications executive search & recruitment
- Seasoned in running full-size searches on a national scale that require multiple hirings under time-sensitive schedules
management skills, effective management, employee relations, employee wellness, workplace environment, managing, employee retention
The Executive Search Consultants at Reaction Search International Executive Recruiters Sales successfully placing top performing candidates since 1995