Workplace Health Plans Help Productivity
Healthier employees give corporations a greater competitive advantages by maintaining a higher level of productivity and lower health-care costs, according to a new book.
Workplace wellness programs that will help workers stay healthy is a must in the wake of rising health-care costs, advises Tom Weede, author of “The Entrepreneur Diet: The On-the-Go Plan for Fitness, Weight Loss and Healthy Living.”
According to Weede, large corporations can realize a nearly $5 savings for every dollar spent on making workers healthier, while small businesses can realize a return by using creative strategies.
“In talking to small business owners for ‘The Entrepreneur Diet,’ I found that many were really creative in how they brought a healthy culture to their company,” Weede said.
- Make exercise a work goal by offering incentives
- Offer healthy snacks in the break room vending machines and in the lunchroom
- Give a health-related benefit like a gym membership, day at the spa or other perk to those meeting health goals
- Use newsletters and paycheck inserts to keep health and fitness goals in the minds of employees
- Offer suggestions for easy fitness options, like nearby walking tracks
“Creating a healthy work environment can be done with a minimal budget,” Weede said. “And it not only makes for fitter, more productive employees, it also encourages wonderful workplace camaraderie.”
Robert Boroff Executive Profile Managing Director Reaction Search International
• Uses over 17 years of industry experience to provide clients with proven recruiting strategies that garner results
• Leads a team of Executive Recruiters in fulfilling clients important hiring needs in a time and cost-effective manner
• Keeps abreast of business and market trends in order to effectively consult clients on their hiring requirements
• Skilled at using traditional and contemporary recruiting practices
• Experienced in recruiting for a dynamic mix of industries, including Banking,Biotechnology, Construction, Consumer Products, Finance, Food & Beverage,Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology,Insurance,Marketing, and Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, Retail,Sales,Telecommunications executive search & recruitment
• Seasoned in running full-size searches on a national scale that require multiple hirings under time-sensitive schedules
management skills, effective management, employee relations, employee wellness, workplace environment, managing, employee retention
The Executive Search Consultants at Reaction Search International Executive Recruiters Sales successfully placing top performing candidates since 1995.