Essential Personal Skills
Employers are looking for 15 essential personal skills when evaluating candidates, according to the non-profit research organization ACT.
1. Carefulness: Do you have a tendency to think and plan carefully before acting? This helps with reducing the chance for costly errors, as well as keeping a steady workflow going.
2. Cooperation: Willingness to engage in interpersonal work situations is important in the workplace.
3. Creativity: You’ve heard of “thinking outside the box?” Employers want innovative people who bring a fresh perspective.
4. Discipline: This includes the ability to keep on task and complete projects without becoming distracted or bored.
5. Drive: Businesses want employees who have high aspiration levels and work hard to achieve goals.
6. Good attitude: This has been shown to predict counterproductive work behaviors, job performance and theft.
7. Goodwill: This is a tendency to believe others are well-intentioned.
8. Influence: Groups need strong leaders to guide the way. Influence includes a tendency to positively impact social situations by speaking your mind and becoming a group leader.
9. Optimism: A positive attitude goes a long way toward productivity.
10. Order: “Where did I put that?” A tendency to be well organized helps employees to work without major distractions or roadblocks.
11. Safe work behaviors: Employers want people who avoid work-related accidents and unnecessary risk-taking in a work environment.
12. Savvy: This isn’t just about job knowledge, but knowledge of coworkers and the working environment. It includes a tendency to read other people’s motives from observed behavior and use this information to guide one’s thinking and action.
13. Sociability: How much you enjoy interacting with coworkers affects how well you work with them.
14. Stability: This means a tendency to maintain composure and rationality in stressful work situations.
15. Vigor: This is a tendency to keep a rapid tempo and keep busy.
Robert Boroff Executive Profile Managing Director Reaction Search International
• Uses over 17 years of industry experience to provide clients with proven recruiting strategies that garner results
• Leads a team of Executive Recruiters in fulfilling clients important hiring needs in a time and cost-effective manner
• Keeps abreast of business and market trends in order to effectively consult clients on their hiring requirements
• Skilled at using traditional and contemporary recruiting practices
• Experienced in recruiting for a dynamic mix of industries, including Banking,Biotechnology, Construction, Consumer Products, Finance, Food & Beverage,Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology,Insurance,Marketing, and Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, Retail,Sales,Telecommunications executive search & recruitment
• Seasoned in running full-size searches on a national scale that require multiple hirings under time-sensitive schedules
management skills, effective management, employee relations, employee wellness, workplace environment, managing, employee retention
The Executive Search Consultants at Reaction Search International Executive Recruiters Sales successfully placing top performing candidates since 1995.