How to make meetings more effective
In order for your work team to come together and work in sync, you have to have meetings so everyone is aware of their duties and is essentially on the same page. Here are a few tips that can not only help further your team but can potentially make for more success in the future.
- Determine the reasoning for the meeting: You by no means want to have a meeting if there is no particular necessity as to why the meeting is being held. Whether you or someone else is in charge of the meeting be sure the points are clear and everyone is aware of what the meeting is about. If the group as whole is involved it will make it much easier to communicate with one another.
- Be on time: It is important for everyone to be on time because it becomes an inconvenience for the rest of the group to either catch up whoever was late or having to start the meeting completely over. Not only is it an inconvenience but it is time consuming for the rest of the group to have to repeat what they have already listened to. Being on time is extremely important.
- Have an objective: Presenting the team with an objective goes hand and hand with having a purpose. Without an objective there is no purpose of the meeting at all. The objective is what the team is working towards by the end of the meeting. In other words the objective serves as goal to achieve by the meeting come to an end and having one to start will make for an effective meeting.
- Avoid distracting side issues: Keep on track of what the meeting was initially about. Do not let other issues pertaining to a completely different topic distract from what the meeting was initially about. If things are handled that way you are more than likely not going to be able to get anything done, rather than one meeting at a time to resolve issues.
- Set deadline dates: Make sure that when figuring out what everyone needs to accomplish that you give time frames as to when they should complete the tasks they have at hand. With specific deadlines you will make future meetings more effective because everyone will be aware as to what is expected of them for the next meeting.
With these tips in mind you could potentially make your meetings much more effective and will create a smooth meeting process for as long as necessary.
Robert Boroff Executive Profile Managing Director Reaction Search International
• Uses over 17 years of industry experience to provide clients with proven recruiting strategies that garner results
• Leads a team of Executive Recruiters in fulfilling clients important hiring needs in a time and cost-effective manner
• Keeps abreast of business and market trends in order to effectively consult clients on their hiring requirements
• Skilled at using traditional and contemporary recruiting practices
• Experienced in recruiting for a dynamic mix of industries, including Banking,Biotechnology, Construction, Consumer Products, Finance, Food & Beverage,Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology,Insurance,Marketing, andMedical Device, Pharmaceutical, Retail,Sales,Telecommunications executive search & recruitment
• Seasoned in running full-size searches on a national scale that require multiple hirings under time-sensitive schedules
management skills, effective management, employee relations, employee wellness, workplace environment, managing, employee retention
The Executive Search Consultants at Reaction Search International Executive Recruiters Sales successfully placing top performing candidates since 1995