Make Yourself Relevant
Landing that promotion or new opening at a company you want to work for can be yours for the taking if you learn to brand yourself, thereby transforming yourself into a desired commodity, according to CareerBuilder.com.
“Each job seeker is a distinctive brand,” said Kirk Scott, director of consumer marketing for CareerBuilder.com. “A job seeker’s product is the combination of his/her skills, experience, and education. To successfully land a position, the job seeker must advertise his/her product and tailor it to needs of the prospective employer. The key is making one’s brand relevant to the employer.”
- Know your target audience. Candidates who demonstrate knowledge of a company and the specific position are noticed.
- Thoroughly research the position and company online – through the company’s own Web site, and by doing online searches for the company in news articles and interviews.
- Devise an “advertising campaign” for yourself to sell your product – skills, experience, and education. Highlight how your experience can translate into success for their company, and tell the hiring manager how you will help them increase profits.
Robert Boroff Executive Profile Managing Director Reaction Search International
• Uses over 17 years of industry experience to provide clients with proven recruiting strategies that garner results
• Leads a team of Executive Recruiters in fulfilling clients important hiring needs in a time and cost-effective manner
• Keeps abreast of business and market trends in order to effectively consult clients on their hiring requirements
• Skilled at using traditional and contemporary recruiting practices
• Experienced in recruiting for a dynamic mix of industries, including Banking,Biotechnology, Construction, Consumer Products, Finance, Food & Beverage,Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology,Insurance,Marketing, and Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, Retail,Sales,Telecommunications executive search & recruitment
• Seasoned in running full-size searches on a national scale that require multiple hirings under time-sensitive schedules
management skills, effective management, employee relations, employee wellness, workplace environment, managing, employee retention
The Executive Search Consultants at Reaction Search International Executive Recruiters Sales successfully placing top performing candidates since 1995.