Need a Great Job? Try These Top Locations for jobs
As the job market continues to dwindle and experts are hesitant to claim any signs of improvement many unemployed individuals are beginning to wonder if there is anything else they can do to find a job. You may be surprised to find that the answer is to look outside of your current location.
Monster.com analyzed the data from various job sites and compiled a list of the ten cities with the most promising job markets. In these top ten areas, which likely include surrounding cities, the average rate of jobs posted per participant is about double that of the national average. In these mostly urban areas there are high demands for talented professionals which makes them good places for those seeking work.
- Washington D.C.
- San Francisco
- Kansas City
Of course job rates depend on the types of jobs people are looking for. These cities may be best for certain industries but fail to meet the demands of others. The biggest growth has occurred in the private sector, which is not surprising as both the federal and most state governments continue to fall further and further into debt meaning more cuts in spending. Moreover most of the positions opening up are for highly talented individuals meaning they require specific skills and credentials. This may mean that these cities are no more promising for people looking to enter the work force or those with little experience. Companies are looking for the best of the best to help turn their company around so it may still be difficult to find a position even if many are open.
If you do find a job in a given city think carefully before deciding to move. You need to consider the financial, social and psychological implications of your move, don’t just think about your short term situation but about your long term goals and desires. Moving for a job is always a risky endeavour even if the city your are moving too currently boasts a strong career market.
Remember the job market is still tough even in these areas. There are high numbers of unemployed people applying for every position imaginable and there are also employed people applying for these same opportunities. So while you may tailor your job search a bit to include these areas keep in mind the you’ll still have to fight to land a job.
Robert Boroff Executive Profile Managing Director Reaction Search International
• Uses over 17 years of industry experience to provide clients with proven recruiting strategies that garner results
• Leads a team of Executive Recruiters in fulfilling clients important hiring needs in a time and cost-effective manner
• Keeps abreast of business and market trends in order to effectively consult clients on their hiring requirements
• Skilled at using traditional and contemporary recruiting practices
• Experienced in recruiting for a dynamic mix of industries, including Banking,Biotechnology, Construction, Consumer Products, Finance, Food & Beverage,Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology,Insurance,Marketing, and Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, Retail,Sales,Telecommunications executive search & recruitment
• Seasoned in running full-size searches on a national scale that require multiple hirings under time-sensitive schedules
management skills, effective management, employee relations, employee wellness, workplace environment, managing, employee retention
The Executive Search Consultants at Reaction Search International Executive Recruiters Sales successfully placing top performing candidates since 1995.