Personality Key to Career Success
Leadership and performance are tied to personality, states a psychologist is his newly published book.
“Leadership and managerial performance are a direct function of a person’s personality, and, in turn, they directly influence the effectiveness of organizations,” said Robert Hogan, a former psychology professor for 30 years at The University of Tulsa and at Johns Hopkins University.
Hogan estimates that 2 out of every 3 managers alienate their staff, and says stories in the media attest to the fact that bad management is rampant in the corporate world, according to an article from PRNewswire.
Hogan, who specializes in the use of personality assessments to help companies select and develop employees, is the author of “Personality and the Fate of Organizations,” in which he links personality characteristics to people’s behavior, including success and failure in the workplace.
Hogan’s tests include the Hogan Personality Inventory, which predicts how individuals will perform in a job on a day-to-day basis, and the Hogan Development Survey, which assesses 11 patterns of behavior that can derail a manager’s career. The tests are offered through his company, Hogan Assessment Systems, based in Tulsa, Okla.
In his book, he shows how personality can be used to understand organizations, to staff teams, and to evaluate, select and train people.
Robert Boroff Executive Profile Managing Director Reaction Search International
• Uses over 17 years of industry experience to provide clients with proven recruiting strategies that garner results
• Leads a team of Executive Recruiters in fulfilling clients important hiring needs in a time and cost-effective manner
• Keeps abreast of business and market trends in order to effectively consult clients on their hiring requirements
• Skilled at using traditional and contemporary recruiting practices
• RSI recruits top executives from around the country in a wide range of professions, including: Accounting, Advertising, Aerospace & Defense, Biotechnology, Banking, Board and CEO Services, Computer Hardware, Construction, Consulting, Consumer Products, Computer Software and Hardware, Education, Energy & Utilities, Entertainment & Sports, Financial Services, Food Products, Government, Human Resources, Health Care, Hospitality & Tourism, Insurance, Industrial, Internet & New Media, Legal, Journalism & Publishing, Marketing, Manufacturing, Medical Device, Non-Profit, Pharmaceutical, Real Estate, Retail & Apparel, Sales, Technology, Telecommunications and Transportation.