Slow and Steady Wins the Race
By Robert Boroff | Google +
Sometimes people feel that if they are not moving at 100 MPH that they are stuck and not making moves towards where they should be. It is important to keep in mind that everyone does things at their own pace and taking in a few tips can help you move in the right direction at a reasonable pace.
Don’t rush through things: We all know of those people that come off like they know all and can get everything done before everyone else. If you are constantly speeding through your work, there will be no room for showing what you do and how well you do things if you don’t take the time to show your talent. Although some people do complete things more quickly than others, paying attention to detail means taking time. If you are in a rush that can lead to more mistakes whereas taking your time, you can catch and fix the mistakes. Take your time and you are sure to have success.
Do not make promises you cannot keep: Sometimes to impress your boss, you make promises of getting a large sum of work done in a short amount of time, bad idea. You do not want to be the one that makes a promise and ends up looking foolish for not completing what was expected based on your word. It is better to take the approach of underestimating what you could get done which will allow for you to potentially surpass the work you had to get done before the deadline. Not only will you be getting work done than what you said but you will have put your best work behind it due to extra time.
Do not let coworkers intimidate you: It is all about the confidence you have behind your work. Do not let your coworkers tell you what you are capable of, because if you think you can do something, anything is possible. If you know you’ve got what it takes, do not let anyone tell you otherwise. Being intimidated will only put you in a position where you think others are above you.
Show what you can do at your own pace and success will be in your future.
Robert Boroff Executive Profile Managing Director Reaction Search International
• Uses over 17 years of industry experience to provide clients with proven recruiting strategies that garner results
• Leads a team of Executive Recruiters in fulfilling clients important hiring needs in a time and cost-effective manner
• Keeps abreast of business and market trends in order to effectively consult clients on their hiring requirements
• Skilled at using traditional and contemporary recruiting practices
• Experienced in recruiting for a dynamic mix of industries, including Banking,Biotechnology, Construction, Consumer Products, Finance, Food & Beverage,Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology,Insurance,Marketing, andMedical Device, Pharmaceutical, Retail,Sales,Telecommunications executive search & recruitment
• Seasoned in running full-size searches on a national scale that require multiple hirings under time-sensitive schedules
management skills, effective management, employee relations, employee wellness, workplace environment, managing, employee retention
The Executive Search Consultants at Reaction Search International Executive Recruiters Sales successfully placing top performing candidates since 1995