Summer Career Strategies
The summer months can be an ideal time to take advantage of new career opportunities, according to career expert and author Rob McGovern.
“A lot of working professionals let their career guards down over the summer,” said McGovern, who also is the author of “Bring Your ‘A’ Game: The Top 10 Secrets of the High Achiever.”
“Timing is everything and the summer can be the perfect time to strike while others are on hiatus,” McGovern said.
McGovern offers these tips to executives:
- Use vacation time to network with new people.
- Consider new assignments that will help advance your skills.
- Refresh your resume with new skills, contributions, and achievements.
- Stay connected to new career opportunities by keeping up with contacts at other companies and in the job market.
“Today’s professionals must be on their toes at all times to optimize career choices,” he said. “Perfect opportunities don’t take the summer off.”
Robert Boroff Executive Profile Managing Director Reaction Search International
• Uses over 17 years of industry experience to provide clients with proven recruiting strategies that garner results
• Leads a team of Executive Recruiters in fulfilling clients important hiring needs in a time and cost-effective manner
• Keeps abreast of business and market trends in order to effectively consult clients on their hiring requirements
• Skilled at using traditional and contemporary recruiting practices
• Experienced in recruiting for a dynamic mix of industries, including Banking,Biotechnology, Construction, Consumer Products, Finance, Food & Beverage,Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology,Insurance,Marketing, and Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, Retail,Sales,Telecommunications executive search & recruitment
• Seasoned in running full-size searches on a national scale that require multiple hirings under time-sensitive schedules
management skills, effective management, employee relations, employee wellness, workplace environment, managing, employee retention
The Executive Search Consultants at Reaction Search International Executive Recruiters Sales successfully placing top performing candidates since 1995.