Whose Needs Matter More
Executives face a daunting challenge balancing the needs of individual employees against the needs of the corporation.
Training and developing an employee’s skills can be a value to both the individual and the company when balanced, according to Rana Sinha, a human resources development expert.
Two questions must be addressed: What is required of the employee in order to maintain his/her employability? And, what practical steps does it require of the employer?
In addressing these issues, Sinha advises that executives focus on the skills development of technical expertise vital to their position, then focus on personal skills such as community, dealing with stress, and time management skills.
“Interpersonal skills (e.g., abilities in negotiating, team-building) are important along with leadership skills, which improves qualities for communicating and further the aims of the organization as well as the employee,” Sinha said.
“Business skills, which gives knowledge of how the business functions, the nature of the particular industry and insights into marketing, finance and market trends, are also not to be overlooked.”
Robert Boroff Executive Profile Managing Director Reaction Search International
• Uses over 17 years of industry experience to provide clients with proven recruiting strategies that garner results
• Leads a team of Executive Recruiters in fulfilling clients important hiring needs in a time and cost-effective manner
• Keeps abreast of business and market trends in order to effectively consult clients on their hiring requirements
• Skilled at using traditional and contemporary recruiting practices
• Experienced in recruiting for a dynamic mix of industries, including Banking,Biotechnology, Construction, Consumer Products, Finance, Food & Beverage,Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology,Insurance,Marketing, and Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, Retail,Sales,Telecommunications executive search & recruitment
• Seasoned in running full-size searches on a national scale that require multiple hirings under time-sensitive schedules
management skills, effective management, employee relations, employee wellness, workplace environment, managing, employee retention
The Executive Search Consultants at Reaction Search International Executive Recruiters Sales successfully placing top performing candidates since 1995.