Managing The Meeting
How much time do you spend (waste) in unproductive meetings each week?
Put a stop to the black hole of meetings by establishing a clear set of guidelines for yourself, other managers, and employees about how a productive meeting should be run.
Phil Grisolia, an accredited Certified Business Communicator, offers six simple steps to manage meetings:
- No meeting can be scheduled without at least 7 days advance notice
- The person scheduling the meeting must also provide everyone with an agenda for that meeting (This allows those invited an opportunity to prepare in advance.)
- That person must also assure someone is present at the meeting to take minutes – accurate notes about who said what, what was agreed to, follow-ups, assigned responsibilities, etc.
- Every meeting must start on time – regardless of who may not yet be present. People quickly learn this rule after one or two such starts.
- Within two business days following the meeting – but only after being reviewed and approved by the person in charge of the meeting – the minutes must be in the hands of all who were present or who are otherwise involved.
- Finally, no meeting is to last more than 40 minutes because, as Grisolia says, “The mind can only tolerate what the fanny can.”
Robert Boroff Executive Profile Managing Director Reaction Search International
• Uses over 17 years of industry experience to provide clients with proven recruiting strategies that garner results
• Leads a team of Executive Recruiters in fulfilling clients important hiring needs in a time and cost-effective manner
• Keeps abreast of business and market trends in order to effectively consult clients on their hiring requirements
• Skilled at using traditional and contemporary recruiting practices
• Experienced in recruiting for a dynamic mix of industries, including Banking,Biotechnology, Construction, Consumer Products, Finance, Food & Beverage,Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology,Insurance,Marketing, and Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, Retail,Sales,Telecommunications executive search & recruitment
• Seasoned in running full-size searches on a national scale that require multiple hirings under time-sensitive schedules
management skills, effective management, employee relations, employee wellness, workplace environment, managing, employee retention
The Executive Search Consultants at Reaction Search International Executive Recruiters Sales successfully placing top performing candidates since 1995.