A retained executive search firm is one that works on an exclusive case-by-case basis. These search firms are entirely focused on each client’s needs, limiting their search assignments at any given time to ensure full commitment and fast results without sacrificing quality.
Retained search firms typically use a network of recruiters and an array of resources to search for both active and passive candidates and find the top talent for your role. Each client’s unique needs and company culture are factored in for resulting matches that fit both the skill sets and personas desired.
When to Use a Retained Executive Search Firm
Typically, clients will request the assistance of a retained search consulting firm when hiring mid-level to senior-level executives. They may also use search firms to fill specialist positions that call for unique skill sets. These leadership positions typically carry a lot of responsibility, with poor hiring choices leading to a significant negative impact on the company.
As a client, you want to minimize hiring risk and ensure the candidate is highly likely to succeed in their role. This is where retained executive search firms shine.
Six Benefits of Retained Executive Search Firms
The benefits of a retained search firm are vast. A growing number of companies are choosing to have an executive search firm on retainer rather than using their own in-house resources or waiting for top talent to come to their doorstep. Here are six benefits responsible for retained search’s rising popularity:
- Focus on quality: Retained executive search firms look for the most highly qualified candidate for every role. They are able to search beyond active candidates and tap into passive candidate pools for the best talent available.
- Find exclusive skill sets: Thanks to established networks and a well-known name, search firms know who to look for and how to approach them. They are able to recruit potential candidates who embody the specific and unique skill set that your open position calls for.
- Tailored searches: Many executive search firms tailor their search processes and recruitment procedures according to your company’s specifications. They also take the time to understand your company’s values, culture and priorities to ensure they’re recruiting candidates who are the right fit for your specific needs.
- Emphasis on diversity: If you’re looking to diversify your senior leadership and promote equal opportunity, search firms can factor this into the recruitment process. Retained search consultants can search for and pursue candidates who will bring diversity and a unique perspective to your firm.
- Remain discreet: You may be looking to fill a position without wanting to advertise its opening for a number of reasons. Retained search firms offer a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Stand out from the competition: Retained search firms are known for delivering top-quality performers and long-lasting hires. As executive search firms work on a case-by-case basis, they are committed to taking the time to find the absolute best fit for your company. Save your in-house resources and build your strategic advantage by hiring high-caliber professionals, time and again.
Choose Reaction Search International as Your Retained Search Firm
If you’re in need of a retained executive search firm to hire top talent, look no further. Reaction Search International brings several decades of experience helping companies find game-changing executives. We work across a wide variety of industries from coast to coast to locate and place high-performing personnel in just the right positions. Each of our searches is tailored to the client and follows a proven recruitment process. Contact us online today to learn more.